Welcome to Comberton Twinning Association
Our village of Comberton (near Cambridge, UK) is twinned with the village of Le Vaudreuil, near Rouen in France.
The twinning charter invokes bonds of friendship between the people of Comberton and of Le Vaudreuil through reciprocal visits,
and says that the aim of the twinning is to develop co-operation and understanding between our two nations by fostering friendship between their people.
It's also great fun, and educational!
We are actively seeking new members to join the twinning, particularly families with children. See membership details and contacts below.
Photos of Le Vaudreuil
- Speaking French is NOT a requirement.
- Annual visits to and from our twin village in France - Le Vaudreuil, near Rouen.
- Next visit to France will be 8-10 June 2018, for their millennial festivities.
- Subsidised travel by coach and Eurotunnel.
- Families with children particularly welcome.
- French are coming to Comberton in 2019.
- Annual subscription only £10, under 16s free.
- Fun social events such as a summer BBQ.
- Make new friends locally, and in France.
Next Trip to France - Summer 2018 - for Millennial festivities
- The next exchange will be 8-10 June 2018, to coincide with the millennial festivities in Le Vaudreuil - one thousand years after the foundation of their central church. There will be processions and sideshows and reenactments and other events to celebrate.
- The coach will leave Comberton after school in the afternoon of the Friday, cross the channel tunnel by shuttle, and on to Le Vaudreuil by late evening.
- We are met by our hosts who take us off to their homes for the next two days. There will be a communal event (lunch or dinner) to help make and renew friendships.
- We leave early Sunday afternoon by coach, arriving back in Comberton, usually about 10pm.
Next Visit by the French - 2019
The French will be coming to Comberton in 2019, but when is still to be decided. Families will be needed to be hosts. Details later.
- Thursday March 22nd 2018 - Annual Dinner at Park Restaurant, CRC
- Wednesday 13th June 2018 - AGM and Bring and Share Supper
- Early July 2018 - BBQ evening
- Saturday 17th November 2018 - Quiz evening at Village Hall
Membership costs only £10, with under-16s joining free. Costs for exchange visits are low, as the hosts provide accommodation and most meals.
In return there is an expectation that English families will host a French family for a future exchange visit. Please contact the chairman or secretary for more details, or to join.
|Chairman:||Paul Hardy - tel 263232, email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary:||Glynis Ellis - tel 262214, email email@example.com|
|Webmaster:||Paul Hardy - email to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
See our page of Frequently Asked Questions, with answers.
More Photos of Le Vaudreuil and Exchanges
Click on any picture for bigger versions, and more photos.
Poster or Handout
A poster is available as a PDF file for printing, or as a JPG image.
It is also available as a two on a page for an A5 handout.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM of Comberton Twinning Association is held at Comberton Village Hall in May or June. In 2018 it will be on Wednesday 13th June.
Data Protection Policy
The Twinning Association holds minimal personal data about its members, updated annually as part of membership.
We have a Data Protection Policy which explains our holdings, procedures,
and compliance with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into force in May 2018.
HistorySee the History page for information on the club origins and on past events.
Dill seeds -
In April 2017 we received a batch of packets of dill herb seeds (Aneth du Vaudreuil) These were provided to asssociation members, with spares to pass on to neigbours or friends as publicity
and as a symbol of the continued relationship between the two villages. There is available for download and printing a short A5 handout (in English).
Go up to Hardy home page